Pages

Saturday 27 September 2014

Braised Chicken with Peanuts


Since young, I have always loved my peanuts, especially braised ones. One can of braised peanuts is all the dish I needed to eat with my bowl ( or rather bowls) of porridge for lunch.

Oddly, this love for peanuts was not inherited by my kids. As mentioned earlier, I wanted them to open to a variety of food options so tried to come up with something that they love together with peanuts. And that's how this dish came by.

A really simple dish that warms your body and is best eaten with a bowl of steaming hot rice. I am using canned peanuts for this dish as I wanted it to be a quick dish. However, you can braised the peanuts from scratch.

Here's the recipe...



Braised Chicken with Peanuts (Serves 5 - 6 as a side dish)

1 can braised peanuts, with the sauce
12 drumlets
ginger approx 1", skin removed and sliced
4 - 5 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp black soy sauce
2 tbsp Hua Diao wine
50 ml water (may use more, depending on amount of gravy needed)
pepper, to taste

Spring onion for garnishing (optional)


Directions

In a heated oiled wok, use medium fire and fry the garlic and ginger until fragrant.


Add in the drumlets and stir-fry a little then add in the whole can of peanuts together with the sauce.


Add the dark soy sauce, pepper and wine. Add water so that it just cover the chicken. Lower the fire and cover to simmer the chicken, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking to wok. Cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender, approx 15 - 20 mins. If gravy is insufficient, add more water to simmer.

Dish up and garnish with spring onion. (optional)



Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the recipe, I tried it out yesterday subbing the drumlet for chicken breast fillet and it work well. Although, I might have accidentally added too much water hence had too much gravy in the end. Rookie mistake, I supposed

    ReplyDelete