Pages

Thursday 1 May 2014

40 mins Spicy Tuna Mayo Buns

It is a ritual for me to go onto Facebook everyday to browse through dishes done by others and salivate. It is to the point that the hub has begun asking "So what's new today?" or "What's the latest food craze" But the hub and the in-law has commented that I have started to experiment more on food recently (Which I think the hub is secretly happy cos I'm not doing net-shopping as often as before.)

So recently the craze was to do bread and in fact a 40-min bread. Unbelievable as it seems, I began seeing posts by posts of others trying out the recipe. Is it really workable? I ask myself. So I went out to buy the ingredients and started doing it one late night after the kids were asleep. Turn out, the bread were fantastically easy to make and soft even on the next day! The hub and the kids loved the bread and asked me to do more the next time.


That made my day.

To make this wonderful and easy bread, here's the recipe.


40 mins spicy tuna mayo buns (Makes 9 - 12 buns)
Recipe adapted from Domestic Goddess Wannabe

1 cup plus 2 tbsp (280ml) warm water or milk
1/3 cup (83 ml) oil
2 tbsp (16g) instant yeast or active dry yeast
1/4 cup (56.25g) sugar (I used raw granulated sugar)
1 1/2 tsp (9g) salt
1 egg
3 1/2 cup (476g) bread flour
1 can of spicy tuna mayo

Directions

Heat oven to 220 degree Celsius.

In your mixer bowl combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar and allow to rest for 15 mins. Using your dough hook, mix in the salt, egg and flour.

Knead with hook until all incorporated and dough is soft and smooth. This will take a few minutes. The dough will be sticky.

Oil your hands and transfer the dough to your oiled workstation and knead it one to two times and it will become easy to shape. If the dough is too wet, add a little flour and knead a few more times.

Form dough into 9 - 12 balls (Depending on how big a bun you want). Flatten each ball with a rolling pin and add 1 tbsp of spicy tuna mayo and seal the dough. Place the buns in a greased  9 x 13 pan and allow to rest for 10 mins.

Glaze with egg wash . Bake for 10 - 12 mins or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment