Pages

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Mango and Oreo Wafer Muffins


This lazy mummy pretty much depended on ready-mix to make muffins most of the time. But when I came across Kenneth Goh's (Guai Shu Shu) easy peasy basic muffins, I made it one of my to-do list. It just looked so simple!

This morning since I woke early, decided to make the muffins as I had promised a student to bake some as a reward for doing well in his test. My mum bought me some mangoes over the weekend and I had some oreo wafers that my neighbour gave my children so decided to add these into the muffins.


Turn out the muffins were terrific! Sweet, addictive and delicious! On top of it, it was really easy. No more ready-mix muffins from this mummy again!


The only grumble I have would be the mango taste is not quite as outstanding as I wanted. Oh well, practice makes perfect!

Thanks Kenneth Goh! Hope I did justice to your recipe! :)


Here's the recipe...

Mango and Oreo Wafer Muffins (Makes 9 - 10)
Basic muffin recipe from Guai Shu Shu

2 eggs
170g self-raising flour
100g cooking oil or melted butter
100g full-cream milk
80g raw sugar
100g mangoes, mashed
2 sticks oreo wafers, crushed
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla essence


Direction

Pre-heat oven to 175 degree Celcius.

In a big mixing bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar and milk. Use a hand whisk and whisk until well combined.


Add vanilla essence and sift in flour and baking soda. Whisk until well combined.


Add in the mangoes and crushed oreo wafers. Mix well.


Put mixture into the muffin tray (lined with paper muffin cups) until 90% full and bake for about 20 mins or until inserted skewer comes out clean.



This is a very simple muffin recipe that will yield delicious muffins that children will simply adore! Hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment