Pages

Thursday 19 June 2014

Roasted Thai Barbecue Chicken

So sorry for the long hiatus. I was sick and also got quite busy during the holidays ferrying the children to and fro their activities.

I use pre-mix occasionally and I have got to agree that for busy mums who juggle between work, children and house chores, pre-mixes are savers.

Previously someone shared on one of the Facebook cooking group that I am following, a pre-mix for Thai Barbecue Chicken. The picture posted looks absolutely delicious that I really was tempted to give it a try. My family loves Thai food and so I decided that I just have to give it a try!


It is really simple and the result is absolutely stunning! The chicken was flavorful, tender and juicy. My family have nothing but praises for the chicken and they wiped of every single piece of meat that was on the chicken drumsticks.




Roasted Thai Barbecue Chicken

900g of chicken drumsticks (you can change it to chicken wings or chopped chicken parts)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 packet Thai Barbecue Chicken marinade


Directions

Marinate the chicken drumsticks with the marinade and vegetable oil. Cover and leave for at least two hour. Best results to refrigerate it overnight.

Pre-heat oven to 190 degree Celsius and roast for 30 - 45 mins or until cooked. Baste at least twice with remaining marinade. (I roasted mine for about 50 mins as I used big drumsticks. I baste the chicken during roasting for 3 times. first time was with remaining marinade and subsequently was with the juice that was released during roasting.)



Give it a try! However do note, the chicken is a little spicy. So if you have little kids who cannot take spicy food, you have to prepare another dish for them while you enjoy this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment