Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Chicken in Creamy and Spicy Tomato Sauce

Thanks to all my readers, my blog has crossed the 10,000 page view on Saturday. Though this blog was opened last year, it was only May this year that I started active blogging. So being able to cross the 10,000 mark in such a short period of time (about 3.5 months) feels remarkable and I am sincerely humbled and touched by all the support from all of you. Especially seeing successful attempts of my recipes by readers keeps me motivated to continue blogging.

A big THANK YOU to all of you! Muaks!

Wanted to do up a sweet and innovative huat kueh to celebrate but the end product was rejected by my chief tester, the hub...sob! 

So today, I decided to cook up something to spice up our lunch since the hub is on leave at home and he was especially nice yesterday. He volunteered to look after the kids for the whole day and asked me to go pamper myself. Love him to bits!


Since I bought some boneless chicken thighs, I decided to make this dish. It is a tomato-based stir-fry chicken with a spicy feel to it. Previously I have always cooked this sauce with prawns but wanted to try it with chicken. The milk added gives the dish a creamy feel and helps in thickening the sauce.

End results - the hub and son gave me thumbs up. The hub finished up the whole thing till the last drop. He even asked if I need to take a picture of the empty plate! LOL!


Please do adjust the chili sambal amount according to your intended level of spiciness as I was cooking for the kids as well so I didn't want to make it too spicy.



Here's the recipe...



Chicken in Creamy and Spicy Tomato Sauce (Serves 4)

2 pieces of boneless chicken thigh (approx 400g), cut into 1-inch thick pieces.
1 red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tbsp tomato sauce
3 tbsp full cream milk
1 tbsp mirin
1/2 - 1 tbsp sambal chili (I used bottled sambal chili)


Directions

Heat up a wok and add a little oil. When oil is heated up, add garlic and onion and fry until fragrant.


Add chicken pieces and stir well, letting the chicken to be cook.


Add in tomato sauce, chili and and mirin and mix well. Let chicken simmer for a few minutes. At this point, if the sauce is not enough, you can add a little water or stock, 1 tbsp at a time as too much sauce will dilute the taste.


When the chicken is almost cooked, add in the milk and milk well. Allow to simmer until chicken is fully cooked.

Serve with rice.



A very simple and fast dish that you can serve with rice. Hope you will enjoy this dish! Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment