Pages

Thursday 11 September 2014

Roasted Honey Mustard Chicken Drumsticks


This was initially not one of the post that I intended to do for the blog as the chicken was done quite impromptu, a last-minute decision as I wanted to have something nice for my elder son for being a good boy. Ingredients for the marinade also depended on what I had at home at that time. This is the reason why I have only one picture for this post. So sorry about that.

However, I received some requests for recipe when I posted pictures of the chicken on Facebook so I decided to type it out nicely. Took a while, as explained in my previous post, as my children and I took turns getting sick.

Surprisingly, results was a succulent chicken drumstick that has the nice fragrance of honey mustard together with the slight tangy feel. Coriander added to the delightful taste, making this dish a wonderful recipe to keep. I should experiment more with my spices!

My elder son and the hub loved the chicken. My son was a little disappointed that I didn't make more!

Here's the recipe...


Roasted Honey Mustard Chicken Drumsticks (Makes 3 drumsticks)

3 medium-sized drumsticks
1 tbsp honey mustard sauce
2 tsp dried coriander leaves
A pinch of salt and pepper


Directions

Pre-heat oven to 180 degree Celsius.

In a medium sized bowl or a deep plate, marinate the chicken with all the ingredients and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours. Best result if marinate overnight in the fridge (cover with a cling wrap before putting into fridge). I like to use a fork and give my chicken some "massage" by poking them for the flavour to get in better, but this is optional.

Bake the chicken in the oven for 40 - 45 mins, turning sides when it's about 20 mins. Chicken is done when inserted toothpick comes out clean.


I hope you will enjoy this dish as much as we did.

Happy cooking!

1 comment: